If you have any questions about how we process data or the data that we hold on you, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Why is it being collected?
In order for VI Distribution to respond to orders and enquiries made by active and prospective customers and to ensure that we can continue to improve our service we record and hold data, some of which will be specifically associated with an individual.
We would like to reassure our customers that this data is only being collected in order for VI Distribution Limited to undertake its business transactions and normal commercial activities, and is never sold or shared with third parties other than for the purpose of completing a contractual transaction, or legal obligation.
What information is being collected and how is it collected and how will it be used?
Our primary reason for holding the data in our central database (which is also our accounting system) is to complete business transactions such as;
· Responding to queries and requests
· Completion of quotes, sales orders or purchase orders
· To communicate with you information relating to the company and our business
· To provide services and support for our products
· Marketing activities, as long as you have consented to do so.
· To customise and improve the way you purchase or supply us in the future.
· For collection or payment of invoices and any other account related transactions.
The majority of the information collected for the above that constitutes personal data is name, address, email address, contact telephone number and credit rating of our existing customers, supplier and parties that have shown an interest in becoming a future customer or supplier.
This data may be collected by any member of the VI team through means of;
· When you send us a sales or purchase order.
· When you complete the relevant credit application form
· Meetings, Exhibitions & Networking events, where you have provided us with your details.
· When you communicate with us through phone call or email
· When you visit our website and fill out information in certain areas of the website – for which you need to give clear consent
· Visiting our premises
Who will the information be shared with and who has access to this information?
We share your personal information with certain third parties who provide services on our behalf. They only have access to the personal information they need to perform those services and they are required to keep your personal information confidential.
The third parties who provide services on our behalf fall into the following categories:
· Those helping us to deliver products to you
· Third parties that assist us with our marketing and website management
· Those helping with the installation of any of our products
We will also share your personal information if we are required to do so by law.
How is your data protected?
We are committed to protecting your personal information. We use appropriate technical and organisational measures, to protect your personal information and privacy, and review those regularly.
We also ensure that our staff are adequately trained in protecting your personal information.
How long is the data kept?
How can you change the way we contact you about our products?
When we communicate with you information relating to our business or your account with VI Distribution there will be a contractual, legal obligation or legitimate interest for us to so.
In addition from time to time we will send you marketing material or communicate with your company news, new products, services or sales promotions and other such information. You can control if you receive this information or not in the following way:
Opt-In/ask us to start sending you marketing material
If you hadn’t previously asked us to send you marketing communications, you can ask us to start contacting you by;
· Sign up to our newsletter on the our website -https://www.vidistribution.co.uk/
· Email us -firstname.lastname@example.org
Opt-Out/ ask us to stop sending you marketing material
If you want to stop receiving marketing communications from us (sometimes called "opting out"), you can do so at any time by:
· Emailing us at email@example.com and stating that you no longer wish to receive such communications.
· Using the unsubscribe option included in all our email correspondence (on all marketing and support communications)
Changing your preferences
If you have previously said that you would like us to contact you ("opted-in") but would like to change or update the way that we do so, you can update your preferences by:
· Emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and stating that you would like to change or update the way that we contact you.
· Logging onto your account on our website and changing your preferences and information
Your rights and how to complain.
You have the right to access, update and amend personal information that we hold about you. You can also:
· Object to our use of your personal information for certain purposes
· Ask us to limit or restrict our use of your personal information
· Ask us to remove or delete personal information about you
If you would like to exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal information, please email email@example.com
If you are not satisfied with our response to your request, you also have the right to refer the matter to the Information Commissioner in the UK. https://ico.org.uk/
Who we are and how to contact us:
VI Distribution Ltd
Unit 7 Springvale Business Centre
Telephone: 01270 750520 Fax: 01270 750521
We review the policy on a regular basis and will be update on the website if applicable.
Last updated 18th May 2018